Links verified on Four/24/2017
- Fire Prevention – Facts and tips for families to be ready in the event that there is a fire emergency in the home.
- Fire Prevention Guide – Home Advice Guide
- Fire Safety – Songs and activities.
- Fire Safety Checklist – a checklist of things to consider in the bathroom, kitchen, family room and the living room
- Fighting Fires – Take a virtual tour. All inclusive site with virtual interaction, audio for text parts, interactive games, cut-outs to print and more. Different types of clothing for different types of fires are also included under the extras category along with pictures of firefighters in activity.
- Fire Safety with Hershey the Fire Dog – Activity books included.
- Fire Safety File Folder Game – Match Color with Color Word
- Fire Safety Game – Memory, Puzzles, Jeopardy
- Fire Safety – Hazard House – Click on the words Hazard House to get to the website. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn’t explosion quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Fire Safety Resources to Print – Bookmarks, Color Books. a junior firefighter badge, helmet and identification card for children to color and cut out, and more.
- Fire Safety Writing Paper – Print this and let students write their own fire safety stories. Another choice of Fire Safety Writing Paper .
- Home Hazards – Joy interactive resource that permits kids to get a visual understanding of hazards in the house [includes fire safety tips]
- Home Fire Safety Guides and Educational Resources – Learn about the steps you can take to keep your family safe in the event of a fire, because when it comes to home fires, prep can mean the difference in life and death.
- How to Become a Fireman – There are so many people out in the world that desire of getting hired as a firefighter. A detailed guide of the steps that need to be taken is below, but we also packaged up all the steps in the infographic.
- Keep Your Family Safe From Fire – a comprehensive guide to preventing house fires, also a section of fire safety joy for kids
- National Fire Protection Association – Lesson plans for Pre K-6th, safety tips and home escape plan print outs. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn’t flow quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- P. I. Cork says “Be Brainy about Fire and Electrical Safety” – lesson plan to train students about tens unit and the fundamentals of electrical safety
- Prevent Wildfires – Learn from Smokey Bear how wildfires begin and how “You can help prevent forest fires!” This is a teacher resource guide for Grades K-5. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn’t flow quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Sparky the Fire Dog – Learn about Fire Safety with Sparky. Games, color sheets and more.
- TeachYour Child How to Use 911 –
site for teachers | PowerPoint display | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | movie format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
Featured: I4C May Picks
I4C May Highlights
Susan Brooks – Blog Entries
Technology Tips & Tutorials
220995357 RU 1 mobile